The Do’s and Don'ts of Fire and Smoke Damage
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded in the upholstery and carpet
- Keep your hands clean to prevent further damage
- Change HVAC filter and have a professional check the system
- Tape cheesecloths over registers
- Don't attempt to clean walls, floors, or electronics
- Don't attempt to shampoo carpets or furniture
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet or sagging from retained water
- Don’t send smoke damaged garments to a regular dry cleaner
- Don't use food items or canned goods that were exposed to the heat of the fire.
If you have experienced fire damage to your home, we are here to help you. You call us at (732) 248-9555 anytime to get a quick response from our restoration experts.